Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Let the juices flow.....

I know all you loyal readers (well 1 loyal reader) have anxiously been waiting for a new post! After many many MANY months, I finally put on my creative hat again and jumped into the world of card making.

I was asked to donate some of my cards for a silent auction at church. As much as I love to create things, I typically steal other people's ideas for inspiration (sssshhhhh.....don't tell!). So on a pursuit to find my next victim, I came across this AMAZING site called Split Coast Stampers. It's like I found Mecca for stamping. You name it you can probably find it!

My adventures led me to a technique called "One Sheet Wonder". Essentially you take a sheet of paper (12x12 or 8.5x11) and stamp it. Then you cut the paper if various different sizes and use it to make many cards. It's a great concept because it allows you to have a constant theme, but with varied results.

Since I had little time, I passed on the whole "stamping the paper" part and just bought some really cute scrapbook card stock (it was double sided). I found a template for cutting the paper and got to it! A couple cute stamps and fun chotchkes later and the end result was SO CUTE!









































































2 comments:

Kara said...

SUPER cute!! I love that cardstock that you used!!! Though truth be told, you haven't been out of the card-making that long, you did make some adorable baby-shower invites just recently!

RP said...

Just gorgeous!! Love it all. Great use of color, design, and texture. Very nice. Should do GREAT at the auction!